Tuesday, 9 August 2016

New models - the sickly smell of undeath and train strikes

Beware what lurks in the tomb of the dead.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted any pictures of stuff that I have painted, this isn't because I have been slacking off but because I've just been too busy to update my blog.

Well today has been busy as well, but due to a 5 day, yes 5 day train strike on the rail network I use to get to London I have been working from home. This is great because instead of rolling in through the front door at 7:30pm I am all done and dusted with work at about 5pm and painting models at about 5:05pm.

So here are some models that I started painting earlier this week and have almost finished. As you can see from the pictures I've dipped them in Army Painter Dark Shade, and once that has dried I will matte varnish and then add the fine detail.

Bases that I finished off today.
These were just grey resin that I base coated in black, then added a dry brush coat of dark brown and once that was dry I highlighted the skulls in a light grey and bone white colour.
Once all of that was dry I finally added the grey slate and grass tufts.




I used a GW base colour called Rotting Flesh, on these zombie ogres first.
Then added the rest of the base colours.
Dip.
Base.
Blah blah blah.





No comments:

More 4ground goodness

Horgar's Blacksmith I bought this lovely model at Salute this year and I have finally finished building it, I have a few of these 4...